Button2.gif (1918 bytes)Header2.gif (3173 bytes)

Churches
|| Organizations || Churches || Leisure || Education ||
|| Business || Health || Home ||

Thabor Lutheran Church

Thabor Lutheran Church,  a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, has been a vital part of the Wausa community since 1885 and encourages Christian growth through a wide variety of activities, including women's, men's and youth organizations, choir, confirmation classes and Vacation Bible School. Thabor is a friendly, welcoming community which shares the love of God through Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. Sunday morning worship is held at 10:15, preceded by Sunday School classes for all ages at 9:00. Pastor Michelle Oetken, invites you to join Thabor's services. For more information please call (402)-586-2533.

Evangelical Covenant Church

A pastor from Oakland, Nebraska, began visiting Wausa in the 1890s preaching in homes and schoolhouses. A Swedish-English Sunday School was organized in 1891 and 70 persons were accepted as charter members in March 1895.  The Swedish language was used in all Sunday School classes until about 1918. The church is presently searching for a new pastor.  Church services are held each Sunday with Sunday School at 9:30 a.m. followed by morning worship at 10:30. .  For more information call (402) 586-2582 or (402) 586-2802.

United Methodist Church

The Wausa United Methodist Church, a welcoming congregation that enjoys a diversity of ages and talents, was established in 1890.   Sunday morning worship services are held at 11 preceded by Sunday School at 9:45. Other activities include an active United Methodist Women, Men's Prayer Breakfast, C. K. (grades K-6), God Squad (grades 7-12) and quilters. Pastor Samm Johnston invites you to join in worship. For more information call (402) 586-2174 or (402) 586-2229.

Golgotha Lutheran Church

Golgotha Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod, had its beginning in 1884 and is located two miles south on Hwy. 121, and six miles west on Hwy. 59, and 1/4 mile north. In 1996 the members, which total approximately 50 families from Wausa and surrounding communities, celebrated the church's 100th anniversary. Sunday School begins at 9:30 a.m. with regular church service held at 10:30 a.m. The Reverend Daniel Gifford is pastor. For more information call (402) 586-2412 or (402) 586-2411.

Cemeteries

Woodlawn Cemetery

Woodlawn is located 3/4 mile north of Wausa from the corner of Washington and Broadway Streets.
The cemetery property was purchased in 1895 and named at that time. In 1922 a cemetery board was established by the Village of Wausa.

Golgotha Cemetery

The cemetery is adjacent to the Church located 6 miles west and 1 1/2 miles south of Wausa.
Its first burial was recorded in March of 1896.

Thabor Cemetery

This cemetery is located 1 1/2 miles northwest of Wausa's Gladstone Park.
The land for Thabor cemetery was purchased in 1886. In 1918 brick gateposts and corner posts were built and in 1957 a new entrance was made with new stone gates and corner posts.

By clicking on the cemetery names above, you can read the names on all the tombstones in each cemetery.

| Top of Page |


Copyright 1998 Nebraska Public Power District. All rights reserved.